APPLICATION STAGE PROGRAMME
Take part in the BCB 2019 stage programme!
Are you a passionate bartender or educator with a desire to share with others and enhance your reputation? Then become a speaker on one of our stages and help us making the stage programme even more diverse and versatile!
The educational programme at BCB will provide bartenders, bar owners, bar managers and distributors with cutting-edge information, to help them gain a fresh perspective, stay updated on trending topics and ignite their passion.
You can choose between the following stages as an external speaker:
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of your industry peers
- Gain professional and personal recognition as a subject matter expert
- Receive two complimentary day-tickets for your speakers to BCB 2019
Angus Winchester is our Director of Education. As an experienced bar professional and award winning educator, he will review, curate and approve seminars from the submitted entries. You are welcome to discuss your ideas with him before you submit. We are keen to have a diverse and inclusive array of speakers and encourage first timers as well as more experienced presenters to submit.
This form outlines the information required to evaluate your submission appropriately. More extensive or revised content will be requested later on in the application process.
All speakers on the Main Stage and all external speakers in the Taste Forum are chosen and supported by the BCB show team.This means full travel, hotel and pre expenses associated with the show will be met by BCB accordingly. No sponsors are needed.
Do you have further questions about participation and the different stages? Then get in touch with us. We will be happy to help you!
The main stage is the knowledge centre of Bar Convent Berlin. It os here where lectures by international experts as well as panel discussions with opinion makers of the global bar and beverage scene will take place.
In the past years, such illustrious guests as Phil Duff, Claire Warner, Ian Burrell, Mary Scherpe, Eric Fossard, Marcia Pollas, Bobby Heugel, Bettina Kupsa, Micah Melton, Ezra Star, Charles Rolls, Ivy Mix and many more have honoured us and inspired with appearances on the Main Stage.
EDUCATIONAL CONTENT ON THE MAIN STAGE MUST BE COMMERCIAL FREE AND VENDOR NEUTRAL. SPEAKERS UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY OVERTLY PROMOTE THEIR COMPANY OR ANY ASSOCIATED PRODUCT IN THE EDUCATION PROGRAM.
- Talks should last 45 minutes with no more than an extra 15 minutes for questions if appropriate
- Panels are discouraged due to time restrictions though not forbidden
- Mixed gender duos are preferred though not demanded
- Drinks will not be served as a part of Main Stage seminars, so no tasting component will be allowed and talks that require Liquids will only be considered for Taste Forum
- All Seminars will be judged on their usable information, their relevance to the target audience and the skill and passion of their presenters
The Taste Forum area offers the opportunity to perform brand-neutral category tastings in front of a professional audience. Thanks to the set up with separate chairs and tables for every participant, it offers an optimal environment to perform tastings with up to 6 different samples.
This form is for BCB chosen tastings. If you are a distributor or brand and want to present your portfolio, please go to the Exhibitor Application.
EDUCATIONAL CONTENT IN THE TASTE FORUM WILL BE COMMERCIAL FREE AND VENDOR NEUTRAL UNLESS IDENTIFIED AS SPONSORED. SPEAKERS IN THESE SESSIONS UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY OVERTLY PROMOTE THEIR COMPANY OR ANY ASSOCIATED PRODUCT IN THE EDUCATION PROGRAM.
- Tastings should last no longer than 45 minutes including questions
- Up to 6 different samples can be served in one session
- All seminars will be judged on their usable information, their relevance to the target audience and the skill of their presenters as well as the level of attendee they are pitched at